Time Management12 behaviours for effective time management
Who Is This Course For?
This course is very practical, informal and fun, providing learners with 12 key skills for effective time management. It is suitable for anyone who wants to make better use of their time.
The course is very interactive, facilitated via Zoom by a highly experienced trainer using group activities, discussions, Q&A and technology to create a fun and enjoyable learning experience.
It is recommended as a first course for newcomers to time management or as a refresher course for those who have attended Time Management training before.
|Date:||29th March 2023|
|Time:||9am - 4pm|
|Cost:||£45 per person|
What Will Learners Gain From Participation?
By the end of this 1 day Time Management course, you will:
- Know how poor time management affects your work, career and life
- Understand the 12 key Time Management skills and be able to apply these to increase your effectiveness and work-life balance
- Appear in clear control of your work schedule and priorities, creating a positive image
- Develop techniques to tactfully manage people who place demands on your time
- Be able to spend more time on parts of your job that you love by managing your time more effectively elsewhere
Want to discuss bringing this course in-house for your team?
Time Management Request
What is my approach on this course?
In this course, you will learn 12 key skills for effective time management. The course aims that learners will be able to achieve a more fulfilling and productive experience in the workplace by better managing the demands on their time, either at work or elsewhere.
Your learning will start with a challenging diary based exercise to highlight the need for both time management and the 12 behaviours covered in this course. You will then be immersed in learning the 12 behaviours and return to the diary based exercise at the end of the day.
It is a fun course with plenty of opportunity to explore and discuss the various behaviours as well as owning up to your own time wasting habits. Don’t worry, we all have them!!
- Personal relationship with time
- Practical exercise
- Time and stress
- Notion of time wasting
- Time management skills
- Key time management techniques
- Reflecting on need for time management
- Presentation; small group exercise; facilitated group discussion
- Clinic 1: diagnosing personal time bandits
- Diagnosing own personal time wasters
- Individual exercise; pairs discussion; facilitated group discussion
- Toolkit A: Time Management
- Practical techniques & tools to manage time
- Presentation; facilitated group discussion
- Clinic 2: Building your time management plan
- Create personal time management plan
- Individual exercise; pairs discussion
- Summary and close
Meet the Trainer
Founder & CEO
An MSc Occupational Psychology graduate from the School of
Psychology, Queen’s University of Belfast , Nigel has over 22 years’
experience across the sectors – public, private and not-for-profit.
His relaxed and friendly styles enables conversational training where learners feel safe to explore, discuss and even disagree with the topics being delivered. Nigel believes these conversations are fundamental to learning, allowing the learner to connect new concepts with previous experiences
tel: +44 (0)28 9581 8090
mobile: +44 (0)79 6875 6056
“Forced me to go out of my comfort zone in presenting, which I enjoyed afterwards! Informal – relaxed by his style” Driver Training Manager
“Nigel is a fantastic trainer, great knowledge and experience of course. He really helped me overcome nerves/fears while training” Area Administrator
“I really enjoyed my 3 days. Nigel was excellent. I found the training very interactive and relaxed.” Area Trainer
“Plenty of time allocated. Videos great to learn from. Great trainer. Very much enjoyed it.” HR Manager
“Enjoyable. Relaxed. Informative. Rewarding.” H&S Manager
Participants on etimes2 training programmes are invited to join our exclusive social media group for on-going support and development. This is open-ended and included in the cost.