Engaging Leadership1 Day Programme
Who Is This Course For?
This course is designed for all people managers, including supervisors and team leaders. It is recommended for new managers as well as those with more experience. This course complements traditional leadership development topics such as motivating your team, leadership, communication skills, and stress management.
There are no prerequisites to attending this course.
|Date:||4th May 2023|
|Time:||9am - 4pm|
|Cost:||£45 per person|
What Will Learners Gain From Participation?
By the end of the one day Engaging Leadership programme, learners will know how to build engagement within their own team. You will:
- Understand the business benefits of Engaging Leadership and know the costs of being a ‘toxic boss’
- Know and be able to apply key Engaging Leadership skills in everyday team situations
- Understand the difference between being a ‘good’ leader and an ‘Engaging Leader’
- Be able to identify key engagement drivers on own team and act upon these
- Create a strategy to build an engaging culture in own team
This course is very practical, informal and fun giving you a great opportunity to explore the culture that exists in your own team. We steer away from simply discussing theory and how you are going to apply it. Instead, you will be asked throughout the course to reflect on your own team and specify the areas where engagement can be enhanced.
You will have an opportunity to discuss your team culture with other participants in a safe environment.
- Complete the Etimes2 employee engagement survey in own team/organisation
Introduction to Engaging Leadership
- Understanding employee engagement
- Impact and benefits of engaging leadership
- Cost of a toxic culture including being a ‘toxic boss’
Skills of the Engaging Leader
- Skills that build engagement
- Behaviours that kill engagement
- Linking motivation and engagement
‘Good’ leader vs ‘Engaging’ Leader
- Knowing the difference
- Becoming an engaging leader
- Creating ‘psychological safety’ in your team
Clinic A: Assessing Own Leadership
- Interpret results of Etimes2 employee engagement survey
- Applying the 8 Engagement Drivers to own team
- Assessing own leadership against survey results
Toolkit 1: Your Engaging Leadership Strategy
- Applying the 5 Pillars of Engaging Leadership
- Engaging Leadership Development Plan
Request a call back to find out how we can deliver this course in-house for your team.
Engaging Leadership Request
Meet the Trainer
Founder & CEO
An MSc Occupational Psychology graduate from the School of
Psychology, Queen’s University of Belfast , Nigel has over 23 years’
experience across the sectors – public, private and not-for-profit.
His relaxed and friendly styles enables conversational training where learners feel safe to explore, discuss and even disagree with the topics being delivered. Nigel believes these conversations are fundamental to learning, allowing the learner to connect new concepts with previous experiences.
tel: +44 (0)28 9581 8090
mobile: +44 (0)79 6875 6056
“Forced me to go out of my comfort zone in presenting, which I enjoyed afterwards! Informal – relaxed by his style” Driver Training Manager
“Nigel is a fantastic trainer, great knowledge and experience of course. He really helped me overcome nerves/fears while training” Area Administrator
“I really enjoyed my 3 days. Nigel was excellent. I found the training very interactive and relaxed.” Area Trainer
“Plenty of time allocated. Videos great to learn from. Great trainer. Very much enjoyed it.” HR Manager
“Enjoyable. Relaxed. Informative. Rewarding.” H&S Manager
Participants on etimes2 training programmes are invited to join our exclusive social media group for on-going support and development. This is open-ended and included in the cost.